Carnival Cruise Lines
A cruise ship docks in the mall
- Design a modern retail experience that remains true to Carnival’s “fun ship” marketing campaign while engaging passing consumers with interactive media.
- Incorporate brand elements like smokestacks and sandboxes into 130-square feet of free-standing mall space.
- Integrate a 40” plasma TV and cast-aluminum pedestals with touchpad access to Carnival’s website.
- Project fiber optic lighting through glass screens for added drama.
- Build casework with compound curves and shaped solid surfaces to mimic a boat’s shape.
- Incorporate Carnival’s branded smokestack element, made from molded fiberglass, into the project post-prototype.
- Control the heat dissipation from the web consoles, employee workstations and plasma TV with a system for moving air through cabinets.
- Include an ADA turn circle on the interior of the kiosk.
- Extended brand awareness to new customers with a detailed experience that matched the spirit of Carnival Cruise ships.
- Took the Carnival brand into new territory in both mall installations and experiential retail design.
- Opened the door to integration of materials and technology in unexpected environments.
- Won the prestigious A.R.E. Grand Prize for Retail Design Award for Interactive Sites/Etailing in 2002.
© Synsor Corp. All rights reserved.